Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life's Passion and more!

New Blog!
Life's Passion- Inner Voice of a Mixed Media Artist
In my last email, I told my story of finding a inspirational book for Mixed Media Artists, "Taking Flight" by Kelly Rae Roberts.
I got so many email responses about the story and how people loved it.
I have been wanting to insert more of my stories into my emails or on my Artists' Nook Blog but it just did not seem to fit.
So, I started a new blog for just these stories, insights and moments that happen to me as an artist, mother, store owner and friend.
The New Blog is: Life's Passion: The Inner Voice of a Mixed Media Artist
With this new blog, you have to option to visit and read my stories if you like that thing!
And if you just want The Artists' Nook happenings, workshop pictures & what was emailed out,
This December, I will be creating a third Blog for projects, tutorials, artwork!
This way you can pick and choose if you need info, inspiration or art!

THE PRINT TRAYS, ARE IN, THE PRINT TRAYS ARE IN
Well Almost,
I will be picking them up on Friday, and will be sending out the Pre-orders early next week! I will fill the pre-orders in the order they were received.
So please be patient, as I am a one-woman show!
If you have not ordered your printer's tray, do so here!
The Morpheus Boxes will be shipped out at that time too!

Workshop Spotlight
Kelly Kilmer Mixed Media Artist Extraordinaire!
Mixed Media, Art Journaling and Collage Artist Kelly Kilmer
will be here at The Artists' Nook November 7-9th!
Kelly has been teaching at The Artists' Nook for several years!
Everyone learns soo much from her when she teaches that I wanted to do a Workshop Spotlight on Kelly!
Kelly is very generous with supplies, ideas and techniques so when you take her workshops you can concentrate on playing, exploring and discovering your inner artist.
Even though Kelly tends to work in the book format, her techniques can be easily used on a canvas!
Local Artist Venita Hawkins-Bird's artwork reflects Venita own art style influenced by Kelly's teachings.
Venita is my Featured Artist for my Gallery at The Artists' Nook in November, see more below on her art and art opening.
DON'T MISS this art opportunity with Kelly and your own personal break before the Holidays!
DISCOUNT PRICING REMAINS on all of The Artists' Nook Workshops through the end of the year!
In order to accomodate all in these hard economic times, we are keeping the workshop pricing at the Early Registration Discount Pricing!
Workshops will be going on through the weekend before Thanksgiving. Then we take our annual break for the holidays,
December thru mid Janaury we will not have workshops. Watch for store hours and exciting new happenings for 2009!
November Featured Artist
Venita Hawkins-Bird
Join us for Venita's Art Opening
Friday November 7th 5p - 8p
Fabulous Mixed Media Collage Artist, Venita Hawkins-Bird Art will be on Display through the month of November!
Local Art/Artisans Opportunity!
Calling all artists and artisans...
Juried Local Art & Craft Show
"Hand Made Militia"
On December 13th at the Gallery Underground.
Put on by our favorite artist, Whitney Phippen!
All the info and the application can be found at www.handmademilitia.com

1 comment:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thanks Christine!! I'm very excited about my trip to The Artist's Nook next week. I can't tell you guys how much I LOVE teaching there!!!!!!!